Search the forum,

Discuss UK 1970s Flat - Cold Water Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I’m at my wits end and would really appreciate any advice!

The cold water in our kitchen mixer tap has recently lost all pressure i.e. just a dribble and if the hot has been on for any length of time it seizes up completely.

• A plumber In the past has suggested that the kitchen cold is fed by the mains and the bathroom is fed by a water tank on the roof but...
  • Our (shared) roof has recently been replaced inc the tank housing, although I’ve never been up to look.
  • Possibly not relevant: the thermostatic shower in the bathroom had been too hot to use since we got the cartridge replaced months ago. Same plumber said the unbalanced pressure was the issue.
  • We have a combi boiler, controls for radiator temp but not hot water.
  • I have fiddled with the isolation valves, no change.

So, should I try replacing the tap? Hot water flow is fine for a while then gets very hot and slows down. It would be a bigger job as the tap can’t be removed from the basin in situ.

Thank you! If specific pics would help, please let me know...

Reply to UK 1970s Flat - Cold Water Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock