Search the forum,

Discuss Ufh, with microbore rads in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Apologies if its already been covered. I've been asked to quote on a heat only with a solar compatible unvented, the existing system is 10mm microbore gravity fed to rads. I'm confident of the conversion and have my gas safe and G3, I've also been been asked to provide an outlet for, and install ufh. My concern is that the Ufh will act as a bypass. What preventative would I need. Excuse the ignorance but I don't usually work on Underfloor. Thank you.

Two port valve and cct (close coupled tees) after the zone valve

There the same just some separation

Ufh sometimes only need a few kw this is where cct help with cycling etc

@ShaunCorbs. Sorry for my ignorance this time. What is the close coupled tees actually doing? Installations is not my thing obviously lol.

In short it’s allowing the boiler circuit to flow independently of the ufh circuit

So when the ufh starts to get upto temp the mixing valve starts to close and pick up from the return so the flow is a trickle

With the cct before it still let’s the boiler circulate

Thanks Shaun. From what you said and what I've read I have a basic understanding of hydraulic separation but I'm not an installer and have not even seen this set up in person. All our work was just oil burners.

Reply to Ufh, with microbore rads in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water cylinder on first floor with two motorised valves and stat. I want to replace the boiler with minimal cost and max efficiency so thinking of replacing...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock