Search the forum,

Discuss Towel rail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeb38

How do you set up a central heating system so that the towel rail is hot even when the central heating system is turned off but hot water is switched on.

Or one with a switched thermostatically controlled immersion heater in. Goes without saying it needs installing by an electrically competent person.
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/sfd/i/cat/00/p2802500_l.jpg

NoLinkingToThis do a range, other suppliers are available!

Last edited by a moderator:
The electrical dual fuel option is better but I'm not a big fan of thermostatic, towel warmers tend to be undersized for the bathroom and thermostatic ones tend to be on permantly so the extra cost is a waste of time. You can also get a wall controller for the standard elements so that you can control the surface temperature and most have a boost button so that you can push it as you leave the bathroom and it runs for 2 hours then switches off. Beware of the Tesla TCP100 that Screwfix (and others) sell because it has no IP rating. Carlton or Kudox one is better because it has IPX4 rating and EMC tested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does it have to be brass or stainless steel? I would have thought you can use towel rail/radiator if its plumbed on the primary pipework. If it was on a secondary loop then you would need a brass or stainless one.

Sorry Robtheplumb, I missunderstood, I thought you meant the secondary. How would it work on the primary if the heating is off?

Of course, thanks Gray0689, I think I've had too much red wine tonight.

Hmmm ... dare I admit I ask those types of questions without ribena?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel rail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi combi boiler and have never had problems with it previously 1) central heating always/near constantly on. We have 2 small radiators and a towel rail...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock