Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet near boiler and pipework in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking for advice. First of all, i have a combi boiler in a utility room, can i fit a toilet next to/under the boiler? Is it safe etc? And also need advice on where to run the soil pipe. On the photos, the red circle and line is where the soil pipe would exit/run. Can i run it to the thick black pipe even though the soil pipe on the existing bathroom toilet runs into the ground (is that black pipe just for gasses to escape lol) and can the drain pipe and boiler condensation pipe (if thats what it is) be cut into the soil pipe. Or, can the new soil pipe run into that first drain? They all run into the same manhole, i know this as i had it up the other day. I hope this makes sense, thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• 20200618_182411.jpg
    20200618_182411.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200618_182626.jpg
    20200618_182626.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200613_113443.jpg
    20200613_113443.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200613_113451.jpg
    20200613_113451.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 15
Where ever you site the toilet please spare a thought for the person who has to service/ repair the boiler. To stand in an unnatural postion for any length of time wont encourage the person to take the job on.

Where ever you site the toilet please spare a thought for the person who has to service/ repair the boiler. To stand in an unnatural postion for any length of time wont encourage the person to take the job on.
I have thought of that to be honest, there are several places i could site it so it isn't in the way. I just don't want to make a mistake with the pipework. 😬

Tbh as the slabs arnt fixed down totally I would lift them and install a new run underground as your back inlet gully will have a 4” connection / pipe to it so might be able to tee

Tbh as the slabs arnt fixed down totally I would lift them and install a new run underground as your back inlet gully will have a 4” connection / pipe to it so might be able to tee
Oh so run it under the pavers and join it to the existing pipe under ground, or have i misunderstood? You can tell I'm not a plumber. 😕 But that would be a nice neat job.

Oh so run it under the pavers and join it to the existing pipe under ground, or have i misunderstood? You can tell I'm not a plumber. 😕 But that would be a nice neat job.

correct just need to get the shovel out

Theres also this what was filled in. Could i break back through it and run the new soil pipe into here, or would that be stupid? 🤔

Attachments

• 20200619_144437.jpg
    20200619_144437.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 9
I would go straight down and then underground

Reply to Toilet near boiler and pipework in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm reworking our ensuite which is next door to the main bathroom. I want to connect the new toilet into the existing soil pipe which runs directly under it. See the picture below for the layout. Can I simply put a strap boss on to the existing soil pipe or is there anything I should...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one. So...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock