Search the forum,

Discuss toile tissue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

Hi All

bin a while so happy and prosperous new year.

I went to look at a soil pipe issue and the problem is syphoning and blocking. There are two toilets on the one line and the bottom one syphons when the top one is used. There also appears to be a blockage in that the bottom toilet pan fills when the top one is used although the water is clean???????.

I have suggested replacing the pipework as the only access is through a fernco to get rods in where the bottom toilet enters the stack. This goes through the wall and straight into the stack on a 4" 90. I am going to replace this with a swept tee with an access panel or future ease.

My question is where the soil enters the bathroom should I put in another swept tee with a stub stack and aav and would this make a difference. If so does the stack have to be a certain height?

Thanks

Eddie

You've got a partial blockage below the lower W.C

No access from outside Inspection Chamber?

Can you not cut an access into the stack outside, just above where the lower WC joins?

POLYPIPE Soil and Vent 110mm Access Saddle, Grey, SA44G

Are both WCs on the same branch from the Stack or do they join the stack separately?

AAV should be above the flood level of any WC, sink etc

Thanks snowhead..

There is access from inspection chamber but I tried rodding and came accross a 90 which the rods wouldnt pass so thought that rodding from above might solve it. Do you think the stub stack is necessary to prevent the syphoning.....

the stack outside is cast which is why I think they have utilised the existing branch.

Thanks again.

Eddie

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be Ok without an AAV and Stub

If it was just a syphoning issue, you wouldn't get the bottom WC filling up

Hi Again

and with thanks think ill take the advice and leave it as it would be an eye sore if not required.

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to toile tissue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock