Search the forum,

Discuss Telford tempest cylinder fault? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

lupieloo

Gas Engineer
Hi

I have a Telford tempest unvented cylinder and I'm finding that when the hot water is on and I turn it off on the programmer the TPRV opens and let's the hot water out. Only stops running when it cools down again.

What I find strange is that it only happens if I turn the programmer off. If I have the immersion heater on all day it doesn't happen. I thought it would be the TPRV but surely this would open if the immersion heater was on aswell and was faulty?

Any ideas?

1. These cylinders need an annual service. Has this been done?
2. If the programmer is part of the indirect (heating coil boiler driven) circuit, I would suspect a problem with the motorised control valve, particularly if a three port valve has been used alone, rather than the cylinder having a dedicated 2 port.
3. The immersion heater may not be raising the temperature high enough to trigger the TPRV.
4. You need a G3 qualified technician to investigate and rectify. The cylinders are NOT DIY.

Reply to Telford tempest cylinder fault? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I checked the resistance of the immersion heater, and it read 19ohms, and the voltage on the live and neutral read 230V, but there was no humming or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock