Search the forum,

Discuss Tankless oil boiler/water heater - not enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We are a family of 5, we are not getting enough hot water from our relatively new tankless heater (it fluctuates in heat all the Time and won’t fill up a bath consistently with hot water - can’t support 5 people) . We want to add a water tank to increase amount of hot water available but have gotten many different recommendations on what we should do. We have oil in the house (gas not on the street) and have raidiators for heat (hot water needed for that also).

Any advise or recommendations greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you've been sold a lemon or it's not performing to specification. Have you contacted the installers and expressed your concerns?

Have you tried reducing the flow on your hot bath tap when running a bath, it may help in the short term whilst you get sorted.

Reply to Tankless oil boiler/water heater - not enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into the unit; a spring check valve was placed on the cold line (per the manual) after which there is an expansion tank (on the cold line) in a T junction...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock