Search the forum,

Discuss tall radiator not heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced a Stelrad with a tall rad in the bathroom but it's not heating up.

The only difference in pipework is that the existing 15mm copper is extended by 800mm 10mm tails to the new rad position. New rad is full of water, Boss dual flow TRV one side and lockshield the other. The old rad had two normal valves. All other rads in the house working fine. All I can think is that the flow inlet is maybe meant to be on one particular side although the instructions didn't mention this. It did heat up initially when I opened the service vales but I think at the time that the loop to the far end of the house was turned off so I guess that squashes my dedicated inlet outlet connections theory. Any ideas on what the cause might be and what i should do to try and fix?? Should I try turning rads off?

Try to close all the other rads and keep the new one open - see what you get.

OK I fixed it today. I closed both the TRV & lockshield valve then unscrewed the flow and return pipes and put a loop across them, it heated fine showing that the pipework was ok so then I connected the flow to the lockshield & opened it right up but nothing came out of the TRV. The PTS TRV is dual flow, it was on the return side but I swapped it to the flow side and that did it. Not sure why it should make such a huge difference though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tall radiator not heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those, there is one radiator in the living room which does not heat up at all. I have tried balancing myself and also had a professional come in to balance it...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors. I checked the system mid summer and all was ok. Now one radiator won’t get hot. ALL rads contain water, I have bled all rads. No hot water getting to flow pipe of cold rad. All other rads are...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock