Search the forum,

Discuss Tado Viessmann Update - Best Result? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I though I would share with you my experiences.
Vitodens 200w System boiler and Tado V3+

Boiler fitted by engineer selected from Viessmann Website (Viessman advise they have no control over fitters). Complete car crash, tried to fit two pipe system to four pipe boiler, on site six times to fit Tado and refit boiler parts:mad::mad::mad:. They will never darken my door again.

Ate humble pie and contacted my previous engineer (only went with new to get 5yr warranty).

After four hours on site and conversations with both Viessmann (good) and Tado (stunning) we got there.

My whole objective was to keep the Geofencing of the Tado, we have had it for years and love it, the boiler switches off when you leave the house.

Viessmann advised that, despite Viessmann promoting Tado there were still conflicts.

The Tado engineer was very competent and appeared to know the Viessman inside out.

So I have ended up with.

• Vitodens 200w with Weather Compensation - THis sets boiler performance
  • Demand from Tado Thermostat (This also sets the target temperature)
  • Viessman switches off burner but keeps pump etc running when target (Tado) temp is reached
  • Geofencing from Tado :)
  • when I change my temp on my Tado, it changes automatically on the Viessmann
HOWEVER

By following the instructions from Tado the DHW part of the App has gone :(. I cannot switch the hot water on from my phone but no biggy.

So, in summary I have nearly everything I wanted. Perhaps in the future a software update will get round the DHW issue.

Good Luck

Glad you got it sorted , ish .
IMO all this sort of stuff just complicates a superb boiler and theres no need for it .
I will be fitting a 200 in my new gaff sometime this summer and it wont get all that lot lol .

Glad you got it sorted , ish .
IMO all this sort of stuff just complicates a superb boiler and theres no need for it .
I will be fitting a 200 in my new gaff sometime this summer and it wont get all that lot lol .

with you on this just use the weather comp, pointless turning it off as it does what it says keeps the house at comfort conditions. if i could fit in another 200 i would have one when we replace boiler.

Thermostat and extension kit. I have read about the vitodens with WC but after five years of Geofencing we are hooked on Tado.

From the top of my head. I think the hot water on wire will go in to port 3 on the thermostat.

When you paired the thermostat up (when the rings appeared you’d need to select your hot water control too)

I’m not a big fan of smart stats tbh. I don’t like people being nosey with what time I turn my heating on etc...

Although, I’ve installed loads for my customers.

Reply to Tado Viessmann Update - Best Result? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock