Search the forum,

Discuss suprima 50 - potterton - boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kunash

hi
my boiler is set to heat the radiators on a timer and works fine in that respect. ( in the morning and evening ) i have checked the timer settings. there is a green light and it is constantly on. the boiler has been recently serviced, and makes a loudish but i guess normal noise when i stand next to it.
however, the boiler comes on during the night, and i dont know why, and the noise from the boiler passes through the house and wakes me up, and it is very annoying and tiring. it turns itself on and off all night. during the summer the boiler never came on during the night ( ie to heat the tap water ) - so i am not sure why it is turning on. during the middle of the night the radiators do not heat up.
can someone please tell me why it is turning on and how i can stop it coming on ( apart from turning it off ).
any help will be welcome as it means i can have a good nights sleep, thanks

Is the boiler in a garage or out building ?
If so it's more likely the frost stat kicking in to keep the pipework from freezing.

thanks for reply

the boiler is in the kitchen and all pipework is within the walls

just wondering really why the boiler starts up many times during the night, waking me up

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for reply

the boiler is in the kitchen and all pipework is within the walls

just wondering really why the boiler starts up many times during the night, waking me up

could be a sticking zone valve switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to suprima 50 - potterton - boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock