Search the forum,

Discuss Stuck installing new kitchen tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

trying to install a new kitchen tap. Do I need a new piece of copper piping? The pic shows the old piping for previous tap...

thanks

image.jpg

a wrench. Should I use something else?

are you holding against yourself with another wrench on the nut or the brass part

will take some force to undo

Your new braided hoses will fit on a service valve you now have a female thread as oppose to the male you had originally. If you have service valves already you will need to fit a compression adapter coupler. If not you can fix two one on each supplies and connect to them with the hoses.
1586714786972.png

Compression adapter
You can then fix your new hoses to them, push a short length of copper into the white fitting.

Your new braided hoses will fit on a service valve you now have a female thread as oppose to the male you had originally. If you have service valves already you will need to fit a compression adapter coupler. If not you can fix two one on each supplies and connect to them with the hoses.
View attachment 43319
Compression adapter
You can then fix your new hoses to them, push a short length of copper into the white fitting.
Thanks for the detailed reply. Sorry I am a complete newbie to this - are you able to specify exactly all the things I will require (ie links to Screwfix etc) so that I can make it work? Thanks for your help

Here is a list then from screwfix.

Isolating valve pkt 2 no (65251) 15mm ÂŁ1.99

You will need a short length of copper to fit in the white plastic speedfit fitting you have there, so you can fix the valve. They have arrows on the side pointing the direction of water. Leave one of the nuts and olives off so you can fit your tap tails to it.
[automerge]1586725673[/automerge]
Is the picture you showed first just the hot tap?

Here is a list then from screwfix.

Isolating valve pkt 2 no (65251) 15mm ÂŁ1.99

You will need a short length of copper to fit in the white plastic speedfit fitting you have there, so you can fix the valve. They have arrows on the side pointing the direction of water. Leave one of the nuts and olives off so you can fit your tap tails to it.
[automerge]1586725673[/automerge]
Is the picture you showed first just the hot tap?

thanks for that. The picture at the top of the thread shows the hot tap and the colddirectly underneath (exactly the same kind of setup with the white plastic into copper pipe).

All you will need is to leave a piece of copper in the white elbow. So you can fit the isolation valve to it. The copper piece you have attached to the tails of your old tap will be enough. If you can cut the pipe nice and square below the nut. Make sure you push it in as far as you can.
[automerge]1586726480[/automerge]
To isolate the supply the all you will need to do is turn the valves to the 1/4 to position.

Reply to Stuck installing new kitchen tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or would I need to replace the whole tap? I had a plumber take a look who said the whole tap needed replacing. If it is just the hose supply do I...
Replies
Views
Plumber had fitted a new mono kitchen tap. The hot water takes ages to get hot if at all. The on lever hadn’t much turn on it and it’s at full throttle. Also when I point tap to bowl with fairy liquid in, it doesn’t have enough power to make bubbles
Replies
Views
Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the tap is recessed - how do I screw in the hose tight enough to 'fit' ? Q2. Pic 2 - shows the current hose fitted to the copper pipe and clearly the new...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to replace the O rings on the spout of my kitchen tap. What lubricant do I need to use in order to aid fitting the new O rings. Searched and failed again!
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock