Search the forum,

Discuss Strange combi problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sevenbubbles

Hi guys, really hoping that someone will be able to help as have hadliterally everything replaced on my worcester combi but we are still having problems. My very experienced and honest plumber is flummoxed !!! Since moving into the property 3yrs ago we have had regular problems with the pressure dropping on the boiler requiring us to repressurise to get hot water. It has always seemed to be the matki thermo shower that kicks out the boiler. I can't remember the names of what gas been replaced but my plumber did say that there were 3 main things that it cld be and over time they have all been done!!Our problems seem to be worse in winter when it is cold outside - the boiler is located in our external garage. Right now we can get hot water In the bathroom if we only open the tap about halfway so as you can imagine we are getting pretty rubbish pressure showers. Also, if you run the cold tap whilst the shower is on it will sometimes knock out the boiler extinguishing the pilot light. Same problem if you turn the shower right down to cold. - if you then turn the shower off when you turn it on again from cold invariably this will knock out the boiler. Am pretty resigned that we need a new Boiler but don't want to go to that expense if it is in fact something up with the shower that is causing all of this. Is v frustrating!!Thanks v much in advance.

Need some info on the boiler please, It's a worcester but what model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange combi problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector here and even he went away flummoxed. OK ....we have a stopcock under the sink that is stuck open - no amount of force will turn it. We need to turn...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock