Search the forum,

Discuss Stop leak under sink in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a leak under my kitchen sink and managed to locate where it is coming from (see picture attached).How do I stop the leak.. do I turn the screw in the middle or the bolt at the bottom that connects to the white pipe?

thanks,

jayne

Attachments

• E4166470-7A1C-4C53-80AB-AB910E73617C.jpeg
    E4166470-7A1C-4C53-80AB-AB910E73617C.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 24
Is it leaking from the screw in the middle? if it is you will need a new valve. If its one of the nuts turn the water off just to be safe, put a spanner on both nuts and tighten. Turn water back on and check. If you need to change the valve, water off check the water is off, undo nuts leave nuts in place and fit a new valve, test.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a leak under my kitchen sink and managed to locate where it is coming from (see picture attached).How do I stop the leak.. do I turn the screw in the middle or the bolt at the bottom that connects to the white pipe?

thanks,

jayne
I cannot see where the leak is. However are you talking about the big white waste pipe or the slim white pipe with the chrome valve. The chrome valve is an isolating valve but will only isolate downstream ... there often is an arrow showing which way it’s goes. Re do your piccy with an arrow pointing directly at the leak. Also the slim white pipe seems to be wrapped in tape. Let us all know a bit more before you proceed. Centralheatking

Reply to Stop leak under sink in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated from turning a flat head screw type thing a quarter turn. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock