Search the forum,

Discuss SS twin-wall flue with condensing oil boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Forum,

I am about to start the process of removing a wood pellet boiler and replacing it with a Grant Vortex Eco 15-21kW Utility condensing oil boiler.

Flue currently in use is Staovax XQ Stainles twin-wall system, Stovax's manual states "For use with both commercial and domestic high temperature gas, wood, multi-fuel and oil instructions. It is approved to operate with continuous temperatures of up to 450°C" https://www.stovax.com/wp-content/uploads/PM502-XQ-Chimney-System-Issue-6.pdf

Can you please help and confirm whether the current flue can still be used.

Thanks to all in advance

You'd be best talking to Grant UK, although I suspect they'll say no. Flues need to be sized correctly and to manufacturers guidelines. I personally wouldn't save money by reinstalling a second hand flue.

Reply to SS twin-wall flue with condensing oil boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock