• Welcome to PlumbersLive.com - Please register for free, or login if you have an account here already. We have relaunched the forum with new forum software and a nice new feel to it. Find common questions related to Boilers, Central Heating, Gas Engineering, Water Plumbing, Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling - all in our forums.

Soudal Fix All

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

volkswagen

I have bought a tube of the above to stick down my kitchen sink (fixing lugs missing), but I'm wondering how easy it will be to remove the sink in future if it becomes necessary. The sink has been stuck down with general purpose silicone for the last 10 years or so but came loose while changing the tap. Any opinions welcome.

P

PlumbBobBob

welcome to the forums. i would just use sticks like or a similar product which having googled it would be your fix all.

V

volkswagen

Thanks for the reply Steve. But what if I need to remove the sink in future? How easy would it be using the above or similar products?

E

Ermintrude

Sink won't ever come out ( may come out bent with bits stuck to it)

V

volkswagen

That's what I'm afraid of, Ermintrude. The sink has been in for a while (it's white plastic), and we may decide to swap it in the next couple of years. I'm not bothered about damaging the sink if we remove it, it's the worktop that I don't want to damage. I'd probably best take the fix all back and swap it. Any suggestions as to which brand of silicone to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.