Search the forum,

Discuss Some advise on soil stack connection on a 100+yr house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

First off I am a plumber by trade but I work almost exclusively on new builds so after buying my first house which is a little over 100yrs old this is a bit new to me.
I'm wanting to get a bathroom in upstairs in order to do so I need a stack up the side of the property, there is this which I belive to be a back inlet gulley (not 100% if not please tell me what it is šŸ˜) am I right in thinking I can't just drop a stack into this and I would have to gun up the concrete and put in a new connection?

Any and all advise welcome

Thanks

Harry

I'm trying to upload a pic but it's telling me the uploaded file was not and image as expected...

Ongoing problem with photos/ links at the moment, admin are working on it so we are told.

Reply to Some advise on soil stack connection on a 100+yr house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the property or an AAV in the loft. It's a terraced house, so thought maybe it shares the neighbours vent stack? It look like all the waste pipes go down...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock