Search the forum,

Discuss Soil stack termination inside bathroom floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

I'm currently getting a new bathroom fitted in a property I just moved into.

The house has a side extension, but the waste pipe had not been moved hence it's coming out the floor inside the side extension area of the property.

The builder has extended this up straight into the bathroom through the floor, and run in across the floor in-between the boards where the toilet, tub and sink connect to it. However it terminates there under the bathroom floor horizontally, no vent and below the traps of the bathroom.

This seems completely incorrect to me and just wanted to confirm that this may be asking for more trouble.

Thanks

Any photo(s)/diagram of the pipe layout? You've mentioned a soil stack in the title and then have gone on about a waste pipe which are different in terminology and installation, I assume you still mean soil stack?

You are right to worry at this stage. Is it the only stack on the property?

Your drains need venting to function correctly and reliably.

However in some cases it is not actually necessary for this to occur at your own property.

For instance in a short terrace the uppermost property may be the only one vented, or every other property may be vented etc.

It is important that the drain run from you to the main sewer is vented, but there are many ways that can be achieved.

Hi guys,

I'm currently getting a new bathroom fitted in a property I just moved into.

The house has a side extension, but the waste pipe had not been moved hence it's coming out the floor inside the side extension area of the property.

The builder has extended this up straight into the bathroom through the floor, and run in across the floor in-between the boards where the toilet, tub and sink connect to it. However it terminates there under the bathroom floor horizontally, no vent and below the traps of the bathroom.

This seems completely incorrect to me and just wanted to confirm that this may be asking for more trouble.

Thanks

Tub! Not in the UK?

Are you leaseholder or a freeholder because in certain circumstances you might well invalidate your insurance and your
leaseholder status..I am not a lawyer , my wife is a barrister and we
come accross this stuff from time to time
centralheatking

Reply to Soil stack termination inside bathroom floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
J
Can I go from a four inch drain pipe then reduce the soil stack to 3 inches(just under the subfloor below the bathroom floor) then go back to four inch in the attic - above the bathroom? I need 1 inch of room for a 30 by 60 tub - the soil stack is pvc and I need to reduce it to 3 inches in the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm due to start building a new side extension on a 3 bed semi, it's across the driveway up to the boundary. We're adding a downstairs toilet and utility room. The existing soil stack will be retained and boxed in with added rodding eye as it's well positioned for the existing 1st...
Replies
Views
I currently undertake a plethora of jobs for a client and they have states that they have an unpleasant smell emanating from their bedroom. On inspection there is a box section with 2 circular vents on each side where the horrendous odour is coming from. It looks like during construction of the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock