Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe one way or the other in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've installed a Vortex sewage treatment tank alongside the existing septic tank but, instead of switching the drainage over permanently, I was wondering whether there was any kit which would allow the waste to go one way or the other in future. The idea was that, if anything should go wrong with the Vortex operation, there would be a back-up. I've fitted a distribution chamber (with compression-adjusted blanking plugs) as a temporary measure during the installation process and it works after a fashion but of course it's not designed for use upstream of a treatment unit. Does anyone know of an approved system?

Reply to Soil pipe one way or the other in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hi I'm in process of completing a loft conversion and need some advice on the location of a boss adapter for the shower waste. Can a boss adapter be fixed to a 4" soil pipe at 45 degrees as shown in the pictures? My main concern is that the entry to the soil pipe is on the side and with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Planning drainage for a new bathroom. Assuming that all the falls/gradients are correct is there anything wrong with this plan? Soil pipe from toilet goes through wall below the floor level so that I can connect a shower waste (wetroom so flush with floor). On the other side of the exterior wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock