Search the forum,

Discuss Sink drainage issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveg1979

Ok so I have taken all pipes apart and cleaned them and removed blockages, but when I run even the smallest amount of water it remains in the trap and backs up the sink.

How can this be a blockage further down the pipes if after the trap those pipes are clear?

Any advice please I am out of ideas.

sounds like blockage down the line. you can try wet vac and suck if there is something in or strong chemical (shift it!) if this is a build up of fats etc in the pipe. can you access pipe from other end?

If you can access the rest of the waste pipe and the pipe is old cut it out and fit a new pipe, I have tried to unblock kitchen waste pipes and some of them are totally clogged up, obviously removing a waste pipe that runs behind units is a difficult job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sink drainage issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am fitting a kitchen in a new room without services. Looking to tile the floor so everything under the tiles really needs to be fit and forget. Looking for best advice on fitting drainage for the sink and dishwasher please. Photos of situation below. Sink will be under window and...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100% coming from the toilet. Tried Lugi worlds best plunger, that air gun blaster and 50 buckets of hot water down the toilet for 2-3 days and no joy, the...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock