Search the forum,

Discuss shower will not hold 60mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

shower will.not hold more then 60mm when doing a test, any more it pushes the water out of waste

shower will.not hold more then 60mm when doing a test, any more it pushes the water out of waste
Are you doing a pressure test on the waste system? Are you saying that a pressure sufficient to raise a column of water more than 60mm is blowing past the shower trap.

If so, why are you testing at 60mm when industry standard test is 38mm?

Are you doing a pressure test on the waste system? Are you saying that a pressure sufficient to raise a column of water more than 60mm is blowing past the shower trap.

If so, why are you testing at 60mm when industry standard test is 38mm?
yes doing a presure test
I was always led to believe we test at 100 for 5 mins on final test. I'm doing a pratice test before I plaster everything up and cant get to anything

Not sure about the pipework (i.e. if you were to blank off traps), but NVQ level 2 teaches 38mm for 3 minutes with traps fitted, based on ADH (IIRC).
Why would you pressure test a 50mm WC trap with 100mm pressure? To be honest, I'm surprised the WC trap didn't let air pass...

Reply to shower will not hold 60mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
HI, I'd very much appreciate advice on what I can do with this . . . The wash basin in the bathroom has a plug which sits on a piece which is opened and closed by pressing down or pulling up a lever behind the tap and that had consistently failed as the adjustment gets misaligned so I would...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach OVER 2.5bar also whilst running CH. Is this more than likely a flat Expansion Vessel that needs inflating or could there be other possible causes if...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock