Search the forum,

Discuss Service engineer looking to start installs advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i am currently gas service and repair, havent really required any powertools, I have got pflush machine, looking to go a bit into installations, what set of tools would i need for just boiler swaps?

I am looking into sds drills and to be honest know. Nothing about them, ill need a core drill bits, just wanted to know what kind of sds i would need, does it need to be so powerful and if so what in the specs shall i look for, from looking a corded sds do i need high wattage and rpm if so whats the minimum requirement i need?

Same with cordless what power would be able to do the job, as im not sure a cordless would be able to do the job, i would like to get cordless too, just need get my head round

Thank you

GOOD CORDLESS SAY DEWALT BQ ABOUT 100
MEDIUM POWER SDS
CORE DRILLS, NOW GOOD ONES COST. IF STOLEN OR BREAK
YOUR HEART BROKEN
OTHERS WILL NOT AGREE BUT A CORE DRILL FOR 120 IS GOOD FOR FLUES AND WASTE PIPE. IF IT BREAKS OR GET STOLEN AFTER SAY 10 JOBS WHO CARES.

Sds drill, core drill, core bits, maybe a set of hole saws. That should get you started

Makita would be my advice bud I use my sds for core drilling and 7-24mm bits, their core drills are good but nearly £300 lid, set of core bits , get yourself a 18v cordless with 4ah batteries metal chuck version a 4"grinder for cutting flues, skill saw for floor boards , and a multi tool other than your hand tools and a couple of levels your good to go . good luck kop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service engineer looking to start installs advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock