Search the forum,

Discuss Selling Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JJSully

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question.... are you allowed to sell items relating to either building work or plumbing on this forum.

For example I am having my bathroom adapted for my disability, and therefore I will be selling a bath, a toilet, a basin, and a shower door that are really good quality and have barely been used. Do you think the best place for this is here. If not how about eBay or are there any other builders websites where you can post an advert for this?

Regards,

JJSully

We also need you to have a minimum post count of 10+, we like you to give as well as take away....

Plus you wont get a lot for a second hand suite. Try ebay / gumtree / facebook. People on there selling second hand bog roll.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/threads/non-disclosure-help.353959/"]Non-Disclosure Help | UK Business Forums[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you also like to see my forum post about my disability and the health issues I have asked other people such as problems going to toilet or the best doctor to see about my pain management?

I do not understand why AlexGas has decided to post my posts and what is the point...

This is a message for the moderator does it not say for forum rules............. Just be nice and helpful (even to new members) or don't reply at all please. Also note that we urge all members, regular or new, to report any posts that are off-topic, pointless or offensive.

According to this AlexGas posted links that are off topic and pointless...?

I do not understand why AlexGas has decided to post my posts and what is the point...

This is a message for the moderator does it not say for forum rules............. Just be nice and helpful (even to new members) or don't reply at all please. Also note that we urge all members, regular or new, to report any posts that are off-topic, pointless or offensive.

According to this AlexGas posted links that are off topic and pointless...?

I would say AlexGas has a community spirit and has highlighted the sort of poster you are, considering you have already received the same answer to your question in other forums and chose to ignore it speaks volumes and therefore your post is pointless.

We give our time and advice for free to those that genuinely request help (please see post #4).

I would say AlexGas has a community spirit and has highlighted the sort of poster you are, considering you have already received the same answer to your question in other forums and chose to ignore it speaks volumes and therefore your post is pointless.

We give our time and advice for free to those that genuinely request help (please see post #4).

I'm sorry, I disagree. I think AlexGas has too much time on his hands and has acted in quite a mean-spirited way.

So what if JJSully has posted the same question in multiple forums? I do that as well. Not everybody is a member of every single forum, so posting across forums gains a wider audience. OK, so his questions are a bit naive (saving old tiles?!) but they are consistent - someone trying to save (or recoup) money. I don't smell a troll.

As for posting the links to the NDA or CE marking questions, how is that relevant? Someone wants advice on different topics? How is that unusual, let alone suspicious? Or is it impossible for someone to want to refurbish a bathroom on no money, and want to start a business and patent a design all at the same time?

I'm prepared to stand corrected but I don't think AlexGas's responses paint this forum in a good light at all.

Will happily agree that there was no need to post link to NDA & CE, I wouldn`t have used the word Troll and it didn`t paint the forum in a good light however it did give an insight into the kind of person the poster is but would of been better served in a sub forum.

if you do not have a direct comment to help the poster, then dont reply
if you do then keep on topic.

O.P. report post only once, keep filling up my inbox with the same report then i will remove you for spamming my inbox and wasting my time!!

thanks

Sometimes your spidey senses can kick in :)

But like I said before. If you are selling then fb, ebay, gumtree or a post card in local shop window.

I did not ignore any other posts people sent, I just want to obtain the maximum information. Would you go to a shop and buy a television with out looking at other shops?

I originally valued responses from this forum but there was no need to publicly put my other forum posts all over the place ..

I did not ignore any other posts people sent, I just want to obtain the maximum information. Would you go to a shop and buy a television with out looking at other shops?

I originally valued responses from this forum but there was no need to publicly put my other forum posts all over the place ..

Thought you were selling not buying and once you put things are out there in our digital age then you lose all control over to whom and where it goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Selling Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock