Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary heat exchanger. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I think I’m going to get the secondary heat exchanger changed on my Baxi Platinum 28HE as my heating engineer has already cleaned it out a few year ago. My hot water is now once again fluctuating warm/hot as it did before. As a point of curiosity is there much difference between a 16 plate and 20 plate replacements available. Just trying to keep cost’s down too, thanks for any replies ?

Need to be a baxi part best let your gas man get it

What I have found, is the standard of cleanliness of systems since magnetic filters has got worse. So many installers have the attitude of ‘ it’s got a filter now, doesn’t warrant a chemical flush’

ok , sorry what I am intrested in is a seperate heat plate heat ex. to transfer 30kw from one side to the other. its a notion I have had for a while since I advised the largest nursing home in europe about something else...they were using local plate heat ex. to provide
domestic hot water at mains pressure to numerous sub sections of the building from a central heat source via a 4 inch primary circuit ...just thought you might know as you are keen about them regards Rob

ok , sorry what I am intrested in is a seperate heat plate heat ex. to transfer 30kw from one side to the other. its a notion I have had for a while since I advised the largest nursing home in europe about something else...they were using local plate heat ex. to provide
domestic hot water at mains pressure to numerous sub sections of the building from a central heat source via a 4 inch primary circuit ...just thought you might know as you are keen about them regards Rob

Like knappers has mentioned, it’s used in other set ups.Aren’t plates used in district heating pumping modules?

Fitting an external plate heat exchanger to the system with own pump circuit. The photo shown is on to a old one pipe cast iron system sperated by a plate to the new pressured stytem.

IMG_1206.JPG

I think I’m going to get the secondary heat exchanger changed on my Baxi Platinum 28HE as my heating engineer has already cleaned it out a few year ago. My hot water is now once again fluctuating warm/hot as it did before. As a point of curiosity is there much difference between a 16 plate and 20 plate replacements available. Just trying to keep cost’s down too, thanks for any replies ?

As others have said I'd let the GSR engineer get the parts as the heat exchanger is sized to Rubbish the specific design and output of the boiler it is fitted to. Multiple different sizes of plates normally just indicates there are various output models of that boiler range.

Fitting a different type can negatively impact performance.

Also as mentioned get a filter put on at the same time. The system will already be drained for plate replacement so best to get one fitted at same time.

Reply to Secondary heat exchanger. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock