Search the forum,

Discuss Room thermostat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

acfrance

Our room thermostat for our central heating is above the hottest rad in the house and as such, to keep the room at 21C (we have small children) we have to keep the thermostat at 27C and always have something on it - such as wet washing.

Last week I noticed that the temperature on the thermostat started to decline (back to 24C which took the room down to around 16). The boiler, although kicking in wasn't able to get the thermostat back to 27. We changed the boiler setting from ECO to 'snow flake' and increased the thermostat setting to 28 which it has maintained for the last few days (keeping the room at 21C). However today I noticed the temperature on the thermostat is decreasing again and the boiler is unable to get it back up. Given we are now using all the highest settings there is nothing further we can do.

The boiler is less than 12 months old and when it was installed additional rads were added to the existing one so we have a combination of 2 systems - the very old ones which use one pipe to connect them to the boiler and the new ones which have two pipes (I've done some other research on this so I think this may be significant?).

I am a tenant in France and come from Australia so know very little about gas boiler systems however it does seem that there is something wrong with our system. The landlord has offered to look at it next Summer but my concern is now that there is a major problem slowly emerging and that we will shortly be very cold.

We've had a plumber come out and fix a problem of cold rads and when he was here he said the thermostat wasn't a problem, however he also said if we had the thermostat at 24C we would be boiling.

I have been in touch with the previous tenants who were here when the system was installed and say it's never worked properly.

If anyone can provide thoughts I would be very grateful. I would also be happy to answer any questions.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Room thermostat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Jaga radiators (with heat-exchangers) have their own small fans, that "will modulate down when the room temperature is met – the room temperature is measured by a sensor at the base of the radiator", says Jaga. How does this coordinate with a standard room-thermostat, which of course shuts off...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock