Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing a radiator and valves on a combination system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Dear All

A customer has asked me if I can replace two rads for two new, with trvs and lockshields. My question is this, do I have to drain down the whole system as the heating is on a combi boiler.I am aware of pipe freezing kits but am not overly confident with using them. Most of my jobs involving rads have been done on vented systems, so just used me bungs and vacum with no hassle.

Thank you in advance:)
Plumb Bob

Don't bother freezing, just drain. First check the boiler is working. Then check the filling loop is present and functions. Re-filling the sysyem with a combi is a doddle, no airlocks, doesn't take long. Have in mind that you're going to have to add the inhibitor through a rad though - there being no f+e.

inform the customer that as well as adding inhibitor you can install a magnacleanse valve or fernox/ sentinel or spirotech equivalent for better protection and efficient performance.
can earn a few extra quid and will get the annual filter clean service job also

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a radiator and valves on a combination system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock