Search the forum,

Discuss Removing shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kenster23

I have a shower which runs of a combination boiler. There's a large cylinder in my loft with pipes running out of it and down to my shower. There are what appears to be 2 isolation turn keys in the loft. I will post picture separately. I want to remove this shower completely as we have another one and don't need both. Is it a case of isolating that shower, cutting and capping the pipes in the loft?

Please forgive my ignorance as I've only done a couple of small plumbing tasks in the past but wanted to give this a shot. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 26
have you switched off valves to check if it only supplies the shower ?

No problem, I would shut off valves to see what they feed and would be careful about it as if your heavy handed could snap them gatevalves if they're stiff take out gland nut and spray some WD in to loosen off

Anyway that's first step if infact they are tee'd off in the wall you may need blank off at the shower itself assuming your not leaving any dead legs

I am confused, why is there a cylinder and a Combi?

In the second photo it says 'combination cylinder'. I think the OP is mistaking the combination hot water cylinder for a combination boiler. Could be wrong though.

Do you have a boiler in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock