Search the forum,

Discuss Removing a cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am buying a house that has a Worcester 24 I boiler and a hot water cylinder in the loft , Can I connect the pipes so that I can do away with the cylinder.
thank you for your attention

I am buying a house that has a Worcester 24 I boiler and a hot water cylinder in the loft , Can I connect the pipes so that I can do away with the cylinder.
thank you for your attention

Pulls up the sand bags

i'd keep the heating, you can always boil a kettle for hot water.

Yer save the cost of heating water then join the gym to shower instead less you wanna stink

AS the 24i is a combination boiler then it would seem that someone
that knew what they were doing could disconnect the cylinder and
rearrange the pipework and controls to revert to combi only.

However. For what reason was the cylinder installed in the first place?

I would suspect that the mains pressure and flow were not up to the job
for the hot water.

So yes, the cylinder can be disconnected but check out if the hot water
would be worse off.

for the hot water.

would be worse off.

Ah but dosent say if 24i junior or 24i system :grin:

You are correct.

I was going on the assumption that the OP suspected or knew that
a combi was installed. (I was thinking of the RSF rather than the junior)

I am guessing it is a 24 Ri rather than a 24i Junior combi or maybe a 24i system boiler. Only the combi option would have a potentially redundant cylinder ?

for the hot water.

would be worse off.

If the boiler is the correct boiler one that allow me to remove the cylnder,
Could the water pressure issue ( if that is the problem) be cured by installing a pump
on the cold water feed for the D H on the boiler.

get someone in to inspect your system and quote for the work and then repeat this twice more and you should have a consensus of opinion to work with and a price for the work involved along with some warranty on the work done

I wouldn't (fit a pump). Check your incoming main pressure, it's easy enough to do. If you can't do that yourself you really do need a pro in!

Last edited:
I wouldn't (fit a pump). Check your incoming main pressure, it's easy enough to do. If you can't do that yourself you really do need a pro in!

So are you saying if the water pressure is low, Dont installe a pump and stick with the hot water cylinder in the attic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing a cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder is located directly above the ceiling of a new and expensive kitchen. It does not leak and causes no obvious problems. Should it be replaced? Advice...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock