Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn - putting heating onto conventional boiler?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Everyone,

forgive my ignorance as not come across Rayburn installation before, i have a customer who wants to have conventional gas boiler installed off gas mains to do the heating & hot water.

Would this require the rayburn being replaced or could it still be used just for cooking & what would i need to do with the heating conndction, keep a loop to disperse the heat from the rayburn like a wood stove??

I am trying to look up how they are installed as writing, if anyone can send me link to good diagrams/explanations or book that would be great.

Appreciate your advice

Thanks simon, seems like a big job from reading some posts on it. Once this is removed it can just be used as normal for cooking i take it?

You can have a Rayburn on same system as a conventional CH and DHW boiler if you have a vented system. Either using a dual coil cylinder, or utilising a Dunsley Neutraliser to prevent syphonage of heat from one boiler to another.
Did a system a few years back incorporating solar too, which meant client could have DHW and CH from oil stove or solid fuel Stanley range (similar to Rayburn), and just DHW from immersion or solar. So whatever fuel he chooses he is covered. Large Dunsley Neutraliser below cylinder for primary mix. Worked well. Have seen direct cylinders used as neutralisers too. If Rayburn is on 24/7, this makes best use of it.

Reply to Rayburn - putting heating onto conventional boiler?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
C
My parents house has a wood burning stove that is also connected to the central heating ( they have radiators and used to have an old boiler which they took out and replaced with the wood burner ) so the wood burner can also heat water which can then be pumped round the rads and works fine when...
Replies
Views
P
Water is ok hot, put heating on signal from thermostat fires boiler up then boiler goes off after 1 minute, no error codes appear
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock