Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn/Hot Water Thermostat connected? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello
I replaced a broken hot water thermostat on our boiler at the weekend, which is working just fine. The next day, our Rayburn oven started tripping. The Rayburn does NOT heat our hot water. Could this be related or just an un-happy coincidence?

Which model of Rayburn are you referring to and how is it fueled - gas, oil, coal / logs or biomass.

It would be unusual to have the back boiler connected if it is not feeding your hot water system. If the back boiler is dry and the thermostat is fitted, it will repeatedly trip the oven.

Reply to Rayburn/Hot Water Thermostat connected? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, just this morning seem to have a new problem to us with our Rayburn. Oven and central heating all operating as normal, however we have no hot water from any taps. We would normally hear the Rayburn kick in when hot water is demanded… however it is not. Any help hugely appreciated
Replies
Views
Rayburn will not turn off at the end of the third cycle each day when set to 'heating and hot water', even though the green 'on' light is out.. Switching to 'hot water' only, turns it off. Engineer called and replaced the control panel and mid position actuator - no effect. It turns off OK at...
Replies
Views
R
Is it possible to change my rayburn royal from a cooker which also runs the hot water in my house to just a cooker. I want to have a combination boiler put in. Can you just disconnect the water side of it and still use the cooker or do we have to do something else to it in order to just use...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the Thermostatic Shower Valve changed and everything was working again. However a few days later, both hot and cold no longer works for the bath and the hot...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock