Search the forum,

Discuss Ravenheat csi85 & new room thermostat problem with HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deanman71

Hello,
I have a Ravenheat CSI85 combi boiler which has been working fine both on CH & HW with no room thermostat installed. I installed a room thermostat (Salus it500) wired to the volt free contact. The thermostat works fine and was controlling the boiler CH via my smartphone temperature settings and timer OK. However with the boiler CH off and cold and when the HW tap is ran, the boiler tries to ignite (microswitch on diverter valve operates OK) but boiler fails to ignite. This cycle of trying to ignite and failing continues whilst HW tap is running, but no HW. If the CH is on and the HW tap is ran I get HW. If I remove the thermostat and put the link back in the contact and operate the HW tap with the boiler CH off and cold the boiler ignites and I get hot water, the boiler works fine again. Why by installing a thermostat does this affect the operation of the HW?
Any ideas greatly appreciated,

deanman71

Would suggest you do three things

1. Read forum rules
2. Contact a registered gas safe engineer
3. Leave boiler alone.

You may have caused a loose connection / poor continuity. Fitting the stat on this boiler requires no qualifications but fault finding does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ravenheat csi85 & new room thermostat problem with HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock