Search the forum,

Discuss radiator valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished an install of new boiler and drayton trv4's for all rads. Balanced all rads up and all working fine on max setting. Got call last night to say he had turned all trv's to 3 and all gone cold. Had to go today to sort. Shut down all lockshields and started at furest rad with cracking lockshield open till that rad was piping hot. Then on ........ everything was great. Turned all rads to 3 before i left only to get call at 8pm to say all rads were stone cold. Room stat on max anx boiler cutting in and oug for heating. Help

Silly question, but had the rooms simply reached temperature? Most people don't understand how a TRV works, and think that if they put the TRV on 5 the rad should be permanently hot, if they put it on 3 it should be permanently warm and so on.

Sounds like the trv's are doing there job... If there turning off at 8pm then the room is probs up to temperature!!

Just tell him to turn them up to 4 or 5 if he wants it to work like that...

i was told by a danfoss rep many years ago that if you assumed each setting was 5 degrees (1-5, 2-10, 3-15 etc) then his valves would be at 15 degrees which most moderately insulated houses would sit at without the heating on, hence his rads dont come on. tell him to turn them upto 4 - 20 degrees

Has the room with the stat got a trv as you say fitted to all rads ?

Yea, I agree with above. The guy is a Pratt. Tell him to turn the TRVs up a bit. NOT to maximum setting because that means the rooms will heat far too much before the TRV cuts off.
Use an electronic thermometer to see what temperature the rooms are actually at. As someone has said, if you find a room feels slightly nippy, you will be surprised to find it is likely to be 15 degrees!
Remember a bedroom should be about 17 degrees & a living room not much more than 21 degrees & certainly not much above 23 or 24.
A lot of customers have insisted that my TRVs are faulty because they close off!

We've all had those customers at one point or another!! I fitted some Danfoss trv's throughout a tenants house & the bloke told me they were crap Lol because the rads go cold!!!

People still just dont understand how a trv works. Some times you just cant educate pork. Some people are just TAF.

Sounds like correct operation of the TRV's to me. As Best says, if he's cold he should turn the TRV's up, if he's not cold then leave them as they are!

What Ray said

The Myson data sheet tells you what each setting refers to in degrees C

Setting O * I II III IIII •
TempºC off 8 12 16 20 24 28

Cut the pins off with a pair of pliers. He can turn them to 1 then and the rads will still be bouncing and he'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock