Search the forum,

Discuss radiator balancing ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazmacker

hiya lads , went to a job to remove old rad and fit a new one in its place but for the life of me i cant get it to stay hot , all other rads around the house are red hot but this one situated in the front living room gets hot if i draw the water through from the drain valve but wont stay hot ?? not sure which valves are the lockshield as there are no caps on them , any help appreciated gaz , sorry i forgot to mention its a gravity fed system cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Try shutting down all the rads except the problem rad, and bleed air out , if not may need balancing.

cheers helpsy for the info , when i left the house it was hot but its like its just not circulating . how can you tell which side is the lockshield on the existing rads as the valves all look the same and there are no white caps on them ? this is a really old system and have never come across this prob before ?

doesn't really matter which side is lockshield shutting either off will stop flow through rad.

are both valave open? sounds silly but the prob is it isnt circulating, if it aint circulating it wont stay how.
if they r both open then yes try shutting down other rads to force heat through, if it still aint warm its another problem, let us know how you go on mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator balancing ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a sealed system with 18 Rads/towel rads which is run by a greenstar boiler with a sealed hot water tank. I'm using a tado thermostat and the Pump is a 15/50 Groundfos. The issue is there are two radiators that are cold. So I closed down every radiator except for these two, apart...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get to grips with a system I have inherited as a new home owner. I know that single pipe systems are crap and should be replaced, but that's not an option right now so I have to make sure what I do have is set up correctly. My bills are astronomical - £6-700 a month right now, and...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all - hoping someone knowledgeable can help as I'm super confused by this.... I have a standard system / gravity fed boiler, large cold tank in attic, hot water tank in airing cupboard etc. I recently found that the hot water coupling into my shower pump (salamander) had sheared (the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
Not sure how long this has been happening but some symptoms have been there a while - only noticed now as the house is cold in this weather plus I had a stuck TRV. House was extended - new radiator on the longest run has never gotten properly hot - it's usually cold. 11 rads total, worcester...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock