Search the forum,

Discuss Question re dual flush valve in ideal standard toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ideal standard toilet (concealed unit) was leaking into the pan. Changing the washer didn't solve the problem. We discovered one of the clips on the unit which holds the flush valve is broken. Does anybody know how these holding units are replaced? Do they just screw out, for example? And how are they accessed? As the whole thing is behind a wall, with only a small hole behind the flush plate for access, it is very difficult knowing how to fix the bloomin' thing!

We are assuming the broken clip and the flush valve being loose is the cause of the problem.

PS We're not plumbers.

clips on the unit or the base unit (where it slots into) if its the base unit you will need access to the bottom of the cistern sorry to say

Clip being broken means the valve is not locked down so water seeps under the rubber seal you replaced.

Hmmm, that's what I was worried about! What does this involve? Removing the toilet for access?

IMG_0356.jpg

base then your in the poo sorry to say

two options in front or behind if stud wall

What do you mean by in front? There is no stud panel.

can you take a pic of the front plz

and is it on a stud wall or solid wall

It's a solid wall. There are no studs

sorry to say then some of your tiles will have to come off the front, as you will need access maybe time to call a plumber in as there are a few ways to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question re dual flush valve in ideal standard toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in my opinion, I have replaced the washer and complete unit several times but it always leaks within a short time (between 0-18 months), I would like to...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation on/around the grout between the floor tiles next to my toilet. I realised that the grout line right next to the toilet was in fact wet to the touch...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi there, The issue that I am having is I am building a new house and the plumbers are absolutely hopeless. Being an industrial plumber and spending 8 months on new houses during my apprenticeship. I have a more brighter idea than these fella's. From issues during rough-in-stage pipe being...
Replies
Views
New here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've just started having a problem with a toilet we had professional installed and wanted to get a second opinion on whether it was installed correctly or not. So we had a toilet with an integrated sink and concealed cistern installed 6...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock