Search the forum,

Discuss Pump over run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been to a customers who's looking to replace a 30year old potterton flamingo 50s, keeping same type of system, all the wiring is in the airing cupboard at the other end of the house, so ideally I need a boiler that doesn't need the pump over run as customer doesn't want his house taking apart, does anybody know of any other boilers other than baxi solo that doesn't need a pump over run. Or does anybody know any clever ways round it.

thanks everyone

Ive been to a customers who's looking to replace a 30year old potterton flamingo 50s, keeping same type of system, all the wiring is in the airing cupboard at the other end of the house, so ideally I need a boiler that doesn't need the pump over run as customer doesn't want his house taking apart, does anybody know of any other boilers other than baxi solo that doesn't need a pump over run. Or does anybody know any clever ways round it.

thanks everyone

Hi get a Viessmann in there pump overrun not required,due to heat exchanger,great bit of kit can't go wrong,just make sure you get the air out heatexchanger which has a vent job done!

Hi get a Viessmann in there pump overrun not required,due to heat exchanger,great bit of kit can't go wrong,just make sure you get the air out heatexchanger which has a vent job done!

Which model would you recommend, never fitted a weissman. I assume it's just a straight swap wiring wise then.

Which model would you recommend, never fitted a weissman. I assume it's just a straight swap wiring wise then.

Hi it's a Viessmann compact heat only,all you need is earth live neutral and switch live simple,just get air out of main heat exchanger on fire up.nice and compact size can't go wrong

HI doesn't it have a Ali heat exchanger ?also 2 year warranty not good and mixed reaction on service from heateam?!
I know nothing about them TBO,someone on here gave me this link yesterday.Your pretty limited to what you can put in without a pump & permanent live.The last one i fitted was the old ideal classic. Sorry can"t help anymore.

I seem to remember ermintrude saying that the logic plus heat only doesnt require pump overrun.
I may be mistaken but a quick pm to ermi or a browse of ideals tech literature online should yield you the required information.

No logic heat does but just pressurise and use logic system! Boosh no extra wires

Well u need to run 3 cores between boiler and ac

No logic heat does but just pressurise and use logic system! Boosh no extra wires

Well u need to run 3 cores between boiler and ac
Don't now why more installers don't push customers in the direction of a system boiler. No more tank to worry about in the loft.

Existing boiler must have a switched live. Surely they must be a way to get a permanent live there.?

Easiest way is to move the controls to ac. Normally programmer next to boiler that way u normally have 7 cores or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump over run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock