Search the forum,

Discuss pump issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
went to a house today , was on a solid fuel log burner, with a indirect cylinder , piped from log burner to cylinder in 28mm , but splitting from that in 22mm to do the central heating, you had to turn the room stat on to switch the pump on the central heating on. the customer was complaining that there was a long delay after turning the stat up to 35 to the radiators heating up , regardles of how much fire was going, this is a problem that only started occuring to him, i replaced the pump , thought it was sticking after it made a loud bearing kind noise after i turned the speed down from 3 to 1, noise louder on 1 , loudish on 2 and nothing on 3, but after i replaced it it still makes the same noise, but radiators circulate straight away. also the radiator closest to the pump makes a masive circulating noise when pump on speed 3, any ideas on what it is????? thanks for leading the long post!!!!!! hope it makes sence

initially sounds like circulation problems CXR100 ... blockage in the heating primaries maybe?

i took some pics of the pipework!!! ill try and upload them tooomorow! all the rads were heating up fine but one making a big circulation noise!

You could just turn the pump down or fit an automatic bi-pass if excessive 'noise' is the issue?

the radiator closest to the pump makes a masive circulating noise when pump on speed 3, any ideas on what it is?????

You are exceeding the recommended velocity for the pipe size. Set the pump to suit the index which is pretty easy to work out.

yes but when i turn the pump down it starts to make a grinding noise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pump issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot Water Cylinder. Analogue Controller with slide switches (replaced 2 years ago) and analogue Room Stat and Hot water cylinder Stat. I'm just an amateur...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I checked the resistance of the immersion heater, and it read 19ohms, and the voltage on the live and neutral read 230V, but there was no humming or...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock