Search the forum,

Discuss Propix Underfloor Heating. Insulation underneath? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have had a quote from a reputable installer for underfloor heating using the Propix system. Does anyone have experience of this? My concern is it is a suspended downstairs timber floor and the quote has not included any insulation beneath it. The Propix panels come in 4 different thicknesses, depending on whether you want zero, 3mm, 6mm, or 10mm of insulation on the panels. Any recommendations?

tbh i would insulate under the timber floor in the joist space

Generally I would quote for the install. But not for the insulation. Maybe this is what he has said. Builder, or joiner would normally fit the insulation.

But to answer your question. Yes will need 100 mm kingspan fitted between joists , on battens

Reply to Propix Underfloor Heating. Insulation underneath? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So yes, Richter level 7 earthquake at least. I need to plan an underfloor heating for a 4x4 expedition/overlanding off-road vehicle, and it has to be able to withstand hundreds of miles of Australian corrugated roads and many thousands more of very bumpy roads of all sorts. A shaky floor...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water cylinder on first floor with two motorised valves and stat. I want to replace the boiler with minimal cost and max efficiency so thinking of replacing...
Replies
Views
Got an underfloor heating to install and Ive done a few repairs on manifolds etc but this is the first design and install for me. Advice and tip requested. The job is a kitchen extension with under floor heating this .will be added to the existing rad heated house. The new heated areas will be...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock