Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with Ideal toilet seat, and cant work out how to change it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

toilet-1
toilet-2

Hi. My toilet seat was soft closing but one day i gave it a push down as it was closing and that made the top part no longer soft close. The top part has now come off and I cant see how I can reattach it as there is nowhere for it to attach onto. Hopefully the images will show how there is nothing coming out of the side of the attachment area to slide it on to (I appreciate this is a poor explanation).

Also I can not work out how to change it as it is not possible to access the screws behind the toilet

Force on the lid may have popped the piston which governs the soft close. Some models will spit out their hydraulic grease when this happens.

Reply to Problem with Ideal toilet seat, and cant work out how to change it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is integrated and the seat is top-fixing. I assumed it was quick release but couldn't find a button to push, there are no little grommit hidden screws or...
Replies
Views
There has been some useful info in other threads on how to start removing an Ideal Standard toilet set. There's no push release on this model, the seat mechanism so has two rusted hex screws attaching the seat that were a pain to get off which then needed some wd40 and heavy force to get the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Haven’t been on here for a while but looking for some advice on Ideal Standard soft close toilet seat E791701. We’ve got three of these but the newest one has a different design & I can fathom how to remove it for cleaning! I’ve googled it with no success. There appears to be no...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how you get to the dampers/pistons on the Mass dynamic MD6011 soft close toilet seat, I want to re-pack them with grease as the soft close function has given up. I have enclosed a piccy of the seat in question. Thank.
Replies
Views
Hey All. I have a basic question about installation of a toilet flange..... I'm remodeling a bathroom and I had a plumber remove all the old ductile iron plumbing and replace it with new SCHD. 40 PVC. Everything was done except the installation of the new toilet flange which had to wait until I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock