Search the forum,

Discuss Problem refitting Alpha CB28 diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beakers

Hi, I have been trying to fit a replacement diverter valve this afternoon. Deep joy.

i can get it in place, all the threaded unions seat up nicely, but the pipe with o ring that pushes down into a vertical receiver pipe is weeping? Tried packing it with grease, but no joy and don't want to use Fernox LS-X

Any suggestions welcome.

And just to cap it off, the cold water feed for the hot water isolation valve won't fully shut off so it is dripping....

Welcome to the world of Alpha!

use new seals and lots of silicone grease!

Welcome to the forum

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Welcome to the forum

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

This is a post by someone unqualified to work on boilers.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well hope you carried out all the legal requirements of Gas safety installation and use regulations. After all you just posted on a public forum that you have performed WORK on a gas appliance and your not qualified to check. I wouldn't be too surprised if capita - the company running gas safe tracked your IP and sent you a fine, after all they are allowed to, thinks it's about ÂŁ25,000 or 4 years in prison.

take the 4yrs your be out quick enough with a tag cos the jails are full lol

Thanks for that most informative reply.

Given that the last time I had a diverter valve fitted by my Gas Safe engineer, he said to me that I was perfectly entitled to do the job next time as I wasn't working on the gas side..... So that's what I've done.

The rest of this quote has been deleted because I can.

cheers

pleb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem refitting Alpha CB28 diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Hi, my 2-handle kitchen mixer tap started dripping cold water. I've got it apart and am waiting for a new cold water, ceramic disc, 1/4 turn, cartridge to be delivered. Meanwhile I can't completely turn off the isolating (or service) valve, whose screwdriver slot is now knackered. So, with tap...
Replies
Views
Hi due to a leak in diverter valve I bought a diverter valve kit and changed all the components after cleaning out the bloc. I also took off the heat exchanger whilst i was inside the boiler and gave it a complete descale. when i reassembled everything i seemed to no longer have HOT water in the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am not going to make any repairs myself on my boilers but no plumbers have been able to solve my issue. I am seeking for help on this forum to find the cause of the issue I face so that I could communicate to the plumber. I tried on french forums since I am from France but I have not...
Replies
Views
My heating has developed a new and unwelcome quirk just recently, which is that it's sporadically failing to provide hot water. This is something that happened a few weeks back, but it seemed to go back to normal, but in the past couple of days it has happened again each day. We have a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock