Search the forum,

Discuss prices for fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I know we all watch how much others charge even if it doesn't influence us I saw this on fleabay boiler fitted from £650 inc the boiler I know it says from but they also fit supplied boilers for £200 I think I will put my normal prices in and get him to fit it

I agree £200 per day isn't a lot, bit a lot of guys buy fittings from scrapyards or get them from guys who work for the big contractors which keeps costs down, but it doesn't leave a lot to run a business and pay tax and NI, so they can't be paying everything they are due to

I agree £200 per day isn't a lot, bit a lot of guys buy fittings from scrapyards or get them from guys who work for the big contractors which keeps costs down, but it doesn't leave a lot to run a business and pay tax and NI, so they can't be paying everything they are due to

Never heard of scrap yard selling fittings before lol!

I know we all watch how much others charge even if it doesn't influence us I saw this on fleabay boiler fitted from £650 inc the boiler I know it says from but they also fit supplied boilers for £200 I think I will put my normal prices in and get him to fit it

Any pricing following the word "from" is meaningless.

And despite you knowing that, it has still created the same false impression in your mind as they sought to create in potential customers minds.

Ignore it, or get a friend or relative to get them round to do a real life quote.

I can supply boilers "from" £99 :)

Never heard of scrap yard selling fittings before lol!

Plenty up this way sell them, all bagged up and brand new, they buy them from the guys on the bigger contracts at scrap weight price and sell them on, same with copper pipe

I also use the scrappy for fittings as a stop gap between subbing where I get liads if leftover stuff. They dont want it back as it makes the qs look bad.....

I can supply boilers "from" £99 :)[/QUOTE]

i would like to place an order please Ray...

i would like to place an order please Ray...

That covers the shipping box and chocolates.....[/QUOTE]

£99 cheapskates don't get packing crates or choccies. Delivery is extra. Packing is extra. Flue kit is extra. Everything is extra.

Its like a £5 Ryan air ticket - looks good in the advert, but you know that they are going to rape you on credit card charges, check in fees, baggage surcharges etc. They even looked at charging to use the loo in-flight recently.

£200 squid for a boiler change is more than alot of contractors pay subbys.

what do you get for this......... 1 clip per pipe, undersized gas, chemicals sold on ebay, condense run externally in 21.5mm gewin to the floor and the benchmark filled out in the van from the MI. I see this type of work every day.

these adverts stating "from" a certain price normally mean it cost alot more if its more than 2m of copper and 10 fittings.

I have loads on the van. Etm's and governors. Haha there is only 1 meter washer there though so if stay clear ;)

We sell from £999. Never done a boiler for less than £1299 / that was for my wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to prices for fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi. I moved in to a new build home and 3 years later (after the builders warranty expires) the boiler is slipping off the wall at one side. This is putting pressure on the flue. Not something I’m happy with. Does anyone know the guidelines on how they should be fitted? I want to prove they...
Replies
Views
I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to the 1/2" pipe (blue pipe) is a problem as the coupling is larger than the pipe although both are 1/2". Most people do not realize that there are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I note that the Grundfos Alpha 2 requires a special plug to connect the electric wiring. Are those plugs reusable if rewiring is needed? It's an expensive plug, costing as much as a used Alpha pump. Suppliers of refurbished pumps don't supply a plug. Fine if it is a Grundfos like for...
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace it with a mixer tap one if I paid the difference? (I'm guessing no but it's worth a try). How much more complicated and time consuming is it to...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed up waste water. It was less than a meter down and took plumbers less than 1/2 to diagnose I was charged $1560 originally Spoke to plumber to contest...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock