Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure relief valve leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tucker1

Hi people

I have a Saunier Duval Themaclassic F30E which has been releasing water from the PRV.

It was initially letting out a bit when the pressure got close to 2 bar but seemed to be ok all winter, after I removed and refitted it and also flushed out the whole system and refilled.

The other day it had not been on for a few days and was showing 0.9 bar so I topped it up but the pressure didn't really increase on the digital reading. The disconnector non return valve was also spitting water out of the drain hole at the bottom each time I tried to fill.

The PRV has since been dripping when it's running even when the bar pressure is below 1.0 bar now.

I have ordered a new PRV and a new disconnector for it. However, I have read a few threads suggesting the expansion tank may be an issue with such symptoms?

My only theory for ruling that out at the minute is that the pressure isn't high (0.8bar and it's dripping) and therefore the PRV shouldn't even be opening. But I just wanted to check if there's anything else I should consider.

I have wondered if the pressure sensor could be reading wrong or dirty and the actual true pressure is much higher, due to me opening the fill valve and it not seeming to do a lot?

I will change the two parts and hopefully it will cure, but just checking my logic is right and the expansion vessel isn't likely to be the problem?

unless your gas safe sorry to say you cant work/ fix on gas appliances

Hello tucker1,

Welcome to the forum.

First of are you gas safe registered ? If not you will need gas safe registered engineer to undertake such a job.

However, if you are you will be asked to provide evidence for the admin.

Regards, ron

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are GSR please pm me,if you are not read the forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure relief valve leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock