Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure loss Ideal 24 Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chesterchops

Any ideas about this anyone ?

I am filling the boiler to 1.5 bar every 24 hours, pressure gauge is at absolute zero.

No obvious sign of any leaks anywhere and this has been going on for a couple of weeks now and would anticipate a visual on a leak now.

Boiler installed 14 months ago.

Plumber who installed it is a stumped as me.

If there are no obvious leaks check the pipe outside bent back to the wall, has it let off water?

Does it happen after the boiler has been operated?

Last edited by a moderator:
If there are no obvious leaks check the pipe outside bent back to the wall, has it let off water?

Yes, the boiler is used straight away after topping up, you think it would be worth not using it for 24 hours and see what happens ?

I checked this, nothing coming out. I am about to use a lump hammer not in the way it was intended.

I would first see do what plumber0808 says and check the pipe which should be turned back towards the wall to see if it lets water out while the boiler is being used, also note of the pressure while its in use ... 3bar plus and it will let out from the pipe outside

if not you could try turning the boiler off and isolating the flow and return pipes once you have topped it up and leaving it 24 hours that way you will know if its losing pressure at the boiler or elsewhere in the central heating system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Failing the above ^^ It is probably a job for the manufacturer as it will still be covered

I would first see do what plumber0808 says and check the pipe which should be turned back towards the wall to see if it lets water out while the boiler is being used, also note of the pressure while its in use ... 3bar plus and it will let out from the pipe outside

if not you could try turning the boiler off and isolating the flow and return pipes once you have topped it up and leaving it 24 hours that way you will know if its losing pressure at the boiler or elsewhere in the central heating system.

I will fill up and leave for 24 hours and isolate the central heating system as well as fill up to 3 bar and check for discharge (no jokes).
I will let you know the outcome and get onto Ideal about it as it's got the 5 year warranty, just wanted to exhaust all options before that. Thanks for the responses.

I will fill up and leave for 24 hours and isolate the central heating system as well as fill up to 3 bar and check for discharge (no jokes).
I will let you know the outcome and get onto Ideal about it as it's got the 5 year warranty, just wanted to exhaust all options before that. Thanks for the responses.

As above don't fill up to 3bar as it will discharge, 1bar should be ample. If once you have left it isolated for 24 hours it does not lose pressure then it is likely to either be losing pressure on the central heating side e.g. a leak or its over pressurising when the boiler is in operation.

How big is your system ? if its 3 bed house then a drop from 1.5 bar to zero is only about a pint so small leaks can go undetected over a week or so. Over 24 hrs is different - put plastic bag over the end of the blow off
and see if it fills up and let us know centralheatking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure loss Ideal 24 Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I have an 8 year old Potterton HE Gold combi boiler losing pressure. I have isolated the central heating to leave just water heating and it is fine. As soon as the central heating is introduced the pressure drops to zero within an hour. I have had floor boards etc up but cannot find a leak...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock