Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure drop on test of new install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys , girls .
Can you please advise on the following.
Had a new water and heating system installed into a new build property and was all cross connected and put under pressure test . this happened Sunday the 14th of Jan , so been under test for a week now. The pressure was left at 5bar and has now gone down to 4.5 bar over the week period ,is this OK or does it indicate a small leak / drip in the system or is that normal for the pressure to drop that much.
Thanks for your help.
Sparky wayne

You will get a drop on plastic as the pipe expands. A week is too long for the test. The plastic pipe manufacturers specify a procedure for testing their pipework and its only about 20 minutes. I'm sure someone on here can elaborate on this.

You will get a drop on plastic as the pipe expands. A week is too long for the test. The plastic pipe manufacturers specify a procedure for testing their pipework and its only about 20 minutes. I'm sure someone on here can elaborate on this.
Is the length of time for test likely to have any damaging effect on the pipework and connections?

Did you purge all the air out ?

Also plastic suppliers normally recommend a water test pressure of around 10 bar for an hour max

too many factors come into a long test temperature and bariometric pressure, need to be calculated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure drop on test of new install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock