Search the forum,

Discuss powerflush/magnaclean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyrue

i need some advice,my dad has a homecare aggreement with british gas,one of the radiators leaked in kitchen my fault i scraped rust off it wen painting,i called british gas they replaced the radiator under the homecare,then the guy suggests we have a powerflush and magnaclean cos he finds blackwater in rad and if anymore leaks occur they wont replace them unless we have this done and theyve quoted 7oo pounds can anyone give me advice on this andy

yes get an independant
i would charge about 500 max incl supply and fit of magnaclean

i need some advice,my dad has a homecare aggreement with british gas,one of the radiators leaked in kitchen my fault i scraped rust off it wen painting,i called british gas they replaced the radiator under the homecare,then the guy suggests we have a powerflush and magnaclean cos he finds blackwater in rad and if anymore leaks occur they wont replace them unless we have this done and theyve quoted 7oo pounds can anyone give me advice on this andy

I find it hard BG would suggest a power flush and meagnaclean,this is very unusual ,however would get a second quotation,as maybe able to get a tad cheaper :)

imho

£700 is taking the ..........

My powerflush charge works out at about £25 per rad plus chemicals at £36. Magnaclean costs about £90 and I charge no more than £40 for fitting (and that's if its an awkward job).

why not cancel the bg cover and put the money saved into a savings account, then ask for acouple of quotes fro a local plumber who you find through reccomendation from others. I bet youre dad will be able to afford a second holiday in a few years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

if the rads are that badly corroded that just scraping rust from them causes them to leak then surely a powerflush is very risky?

the radiators arnt rusting anywhere and theyve bin on for five years or more,bg said its a days work to powerflush etc 700 quid for a dayswork,we have had afew problems with one or two radiators not coming on but homecare sorts that out thanks for all replys

Wish I could get people to pay me £700 for a days work! Now wouldn't that be fine!! Wouldn't have to work so hard and would be able to put my feet up more often!

its not bad for a days work is it ,they say blackwater occurs in radiators when inhibitor hasnt been used i didnt know we had to do this ourselves when we pay for a service once a year

its not bad for a days work is it ,they say blackwater occurs in radiators when inhibitor hasnt been used i didnt know we had to do this ourselves when we pay for a service once a year

they quote for homecare then a year or so down the line they say you need a magnaclean and powerflush to fulfil the requirements - fair enough, but get your own quote for that as they charged at least 30 percent more than others....

get a reputable firm in to powerflush though - there are some i know of round here who put chemicals in and hardly flush hoping the chemicals do the work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to powerflush/magnaclean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have an issue where the last two radiators (furthest from the boiler) are not heating. I have taken a few boiler engineers/plumbers to have a look but they are not able to fix the issue. So let me give a bit of a background. This should answer a few questions that you are likely to...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
Hi Just under 18 months ago, British Gas fitted a new combi boiler and a new radiator in my home. The radiator is an 'elite' K1 600mm x 1000mm, which was fitted in our dining room (where there was no radiator before) as part of the conversion of an existing gravity system to a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
T
I'd be really grateful for any advice on this. Boiler was overheating and tripping, British Gas (Homecare) blamed dirt in system and recommended Magnaclean for £450 (and said Powerflush + Magnaclean would cost £750)! Got an independent plumber to do a powerflush + chemicals and fit a...
Replies
Views
GasMan1983
G
F
Hi there, annual service from British Gas and theyre saying my noisy boiler is due to the fact that it's full of muck?? They're recommending a power flush followed by a magnaclean. Now the magnaclean idea I quite like as we have had problems in the past with the heat exchanger plugging but as...
Replies
Views
moony
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock