Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Suprima 80e running continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a potterton suprima 80e boiler. The pump stopped working last week blew the fuse on the main pcb board. I replaced the fuse on the pcb board and it kept on blowing the fuse. We replaced the pump for another one and the pcb started working ok, but did the boiler flame did not ignite and it kept going into lockout mode (red led flashing). We replaced the pcb board and the thermistor and over heat stat was replaced at the same time. The boiler then started to ignite and thought was ok.
Usually when the boiler runs a heating cycle for a couple of hours, it turns itself off to cool and then turns back on to prevent overheating. However, now the boiler runs continuously to the point where it gets so hot (we can hear the fan really whurring around) that it locks itself out after about an hour to stop itself from overheating. So basically its not turning itself off to cool off during normal operation and then back on.
Is this because the over heat stat was not put in correctly or is this because the replaced thermistor is not functioning correctly? Is there anything I should check first?
Any advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

Or you could get the gas engineer to register on here and apply for entry to the gas safe only section. Where issues like this are discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima 80e running continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock