Search the forum,

Discuss potterton promax 28 he fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

david4924

having problems with a potterton promax 28 he, no fault codes showing call for heat and nothing happens only tempreture displayed. put hot tap on and hot water light comes on but its only the pump that kicks in then nothing else happens. when you reset it the fan kicks in for pre purge so fan is ok. was thinking the p.c.b but an expensive part so want to be sure, anyone ever came across this?

no because if fan is not running then how can the aps be at fault ? there is no power going to fan.

having problems with a potterton promax 28 he, no fault codes showing call for heat and nothing happens only tempreture displayed. put hot tap on and hot water light comes on but its only the pump that kicks in then nothing else happens. when you reset it the fan kicks in for pre purge so fan is ok. was thinking the p.c.b but an expensive part so want to be sure, anyone ever came across this?

you stated fan was ok

i just meant that fan hadnt ceased and was able to run as when i reset the boiler the fan automatically comes on fur 2-3 seconds to pre purge. but when call for heat or hot water fan does need even attempt to run.

yes pump is runs then nothing else happens and no fault codes.

fan is next port of call then, just listening to boiler may not be enough, although no fault codes.

i would have thought that if the fan is not getting signal from p.c.b ie power supply, you would then think this is a faulty p.c.b?

pump,fan,aps,igntion, if no fault codes then possibly pcb also, but unless you check these using your multi meter how do you know how far its getting in its sequence?

I'm doubtful that David has much idea about boilers, time for a GSR to visit IMO.
I could be very wrong but twelve posts in seven months does not a heating engineer make.

i know what you are saying but just thought that if there is no voltage at fan then sequence stops at the pump as pump is running fine so to me thats saying p.c.b fault. is it possible for thermistors to be at fault without showing fault code? where do i find the information on what the resistance should be across these? there was no manual avaliable.

mountainman i am a heating engineer actually, we may not all be as expereinced as you i am still learning, what do you mean by 12 posts in 7 months does not a heating engineer make?

Sorry David, you are venturing into areas way beyond your capabilities.
If you want to speculate and throw parts at the boiler then please feel free to do so.
Probably be much cheaper to get a professional in though.

i am hardly throwing parts at a boiler and would never buy a part unless sure, hence asking for some advice but instead i end up with people like you coming on to have a go.

mountainman i am a heating engineer actually, we may not all be as expereinced as you i am still learning, what do you mean by 12 posts in 7 months does not a heating engineer make?

Really! Your a heating engineer and you don't know where to get a boiler manual from!
12 posts in 7 months came from your forum profile.
Is that information incorrect?

and how do youu come to the conclusion that i dont know where to get a manual from? there wasnt one on site thats all. yes i have made 12 posts in 7 months i was asking you what is wrong with this? is it wrong to come on and ask for advice?

I agree with 1 saying mountainman is saying, you should know where to find boiler manufacturer instructions if your a heating engineer.

DONT AGREE on

How aggressive hes coming across,
Presuming every heating engineer knows everything about everything. We're always learning moutainman, i would say all plumbers/heating engineers/gas men, whatever you wanna call it, their weakness is ALWAYS boiler fault finding since majority of nowadays boilers is electric's

We always got told when being tested by Gas safe inspector, theres no excuse of not having manufacterers instructions

i do know where to get a boiler manual from as many jobs i go to do not have them, source them from the net or usually just phone the manufacturer but as i was at job around 6 oclock could not phone them.

the guy was just asking for advise what is wrong with that, I thought that was what this forum was for

i do know where to get a boiler manual from as many jobs i go to do not have them, source them from the net or usually just phone the manufacturer but as i was at job around 6 oclock could not phone them.

Get a smart phone, you can download manuals whilst on site.
Maybe some might consider my comments abrasive but if you expect sensible technical answers then prove that you are qualified to receive them.
Anyone can call themselves a heating engineer, it doesn't make it true though.

the guy was just asking for advise what is wrong with that, I thought that was what this forum was for

Nothing wrong with that erj, neither is anything wrong with advising him that perhaps he should hand the job over to someone more knowledgeable and learn something from that person.

Im not getting involved in this domestic...this forum is for advice, each person knows a little more than the other, thats why we share our opinions/views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton promax 28 he fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock