Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing sucks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

AS TITLE !!!:shout:

painting sucks...been doing it the past 2 days, would hate that as my job !!

Reasons as below ,
1 public are a pain
2 public dont pay
3 working with water eeew
4 gas = headache + stress
5 millions of fittings
6 to many tools
7 higher public liabilty
8 bouncy cheques
9 to many plumbers
10 feel free to add more as its late and tired lol

I look upon the challenges as part of the job and get a great deal of satisfaction when I manage to overcome a problem.

The red tape and expense I have to agree with you though.
I would also say 99.9% of my customers are fine as long as you explain to them the job as you go along.

Reasons as below ,
1 public are a pain
2 public dont pay
5 millions of fittings
6 to many tools
7 higher public liabilty
8 bouncy cheques
9 to many plumbers

all of the above but the main one is the unseen wear and damage you do to your body. You will realise that one 30 years down the line when it kicks you in the nuts.

try window cleaning
1 water
2 sponge
3 soap
4 squeegy
5 bucket
6 ladder
7 van
8 low public liability
9 cash in hand!!
10 non payers get windows put in

you have it easy mate, lol
thats my next proffession if this goes t hits up

How's the airlock going gas?

Not got round to it again , not getting enough access to rooms may try again later if get the chance . If it doesnt clesr with mains presure then it will have to be sludge .
I have had a full on crap week with chasing money , nuisance custs ,air locks and running round like a nutter !!!

Don't dispair, just fill yourself with caffine and go and get on with it! :singer:

Reasons as below ,
1 public are a pain
2 public dont pay
5 millions of fittings
6 to many tools
7 higher public liabilty
8 bouncy cheques
9 to many plumbers

What you put above could apply to virtually any trade or business.

Dont worry it will be quite again next week last week of school hols is always busy it all the mums been meaning to get it done then suddenly the hols are over

I'm new to the business, but doing this compared with my old job i am loving every minute of this doing everything different each day, A challenge, meeting new people, learning new things all the time love it

I cant sleep because of stress, ive had 3 knee ops in 3 years and im 27, my shoulder is atarting to play up, now and again the misses has to help me out of the van because my back is naft, ive lost and had ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ of pounds werth of tools stolen over the past 10 years, by the time the weekend comes all want to do is sleep and rest up but cant, have to tidy the van sort the ttold sort work sheets get rid of rubbish form the job ive just finished...............................But saying all that i love my job and wouldnt swap it for anything :)

self employed is a nightmare, especially as a 1 man band, uv got to do all the surveys, the work, the running about, the chasing money, pain in the arse customers, im cards in again after a year as a 1 man band and im now loving my job again, when half past 4 comes thats it i go home and dont have to think about work again untill 8 oclock the nxt day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing sucks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anytime Plumbing Inc, our vision is to be the premier plumbing company in Santa Cruz County, known for our professionalism, integrity, and exceptional service. We strive to exceed customer expectations by consistently delivering high-quality workmanship and reliable solutions for all their...
Replies
Views
We have a 1980's toilet and it normaly works by: 1.When flushed the deposit in the bowl is sucked out 2. the bowl fills up again with clean water. This is not happening now, when flushed the water fills the toilet bowl then emptys and refils. What can I do? Is it a profesional plumber callout?
Replies
Views
Hiya, hope everyones had a good Christmas. I need public liability, what companies should I go to for quotes? Your advise is much appreciated 🙂
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock