Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Companies in London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charlie1

Hi

Could anyone help me and let me know of any big companies in London that take on plumbing apprentices. I'm not looking for actual vacancies but just the companies names that I can apply to directly

Thanks
Charlie

Not being funny pal but"would u like me to tie your shoes for you"
It really gripes me when people think its easier to come on here and let other do the work for them.
Or at least explain youve been tryin for so long with no sucsess and ask for suggestion as to what u can do.
Weve all got our own things to do but when we have some spare time we come on here and try to help each other and solve some issues.
Another one u see quite often is some one posts a question and as soon as they have there answer u never here anything else from them,no updates on how job went or thanks very much u have just saved me 60.00quid.
I know that others do reply and give back to the forum but it just gripes me sometimes how some people just take!
Rant over and please dont think its all directed at u
Typical scenario people taking exams that dont have a clue and dont even understand the question but want all their exams doing for them,you dont mind when u can see they have been graftin at it theirselfs!
sorry to go on rant over

Id be in the library with a london yellow pages pal

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody just had to mention that rogue outfit

:(:(

imho

Not being funny pal but"would u like me to tie your shoes for you"
It really gripes me when people think its easier to come on here and let other do the work for them.
Or at least explain youve been tryin for so long with no sucsess and ask for suggestion as to what u can do.
Weve all got our own things to do but when we have some spare time we come on here and try to help each other and solve some issues.
Another one u see quite often is some one posts a question and as soon as they have there answer u never here anything else from them,no updates on how job went or thanks very much u have just saved me 60.00quid.
I know that others do reply and give back to the forum but it just gripes me sometimes how some people just take!
Rant over and please dont think its all directed at u
Typical scenario people taking exams that dont have a clue and dont even understand the question but want all their exams doing for them,you dont mind when u can see they have been graftin at it theirselfs!
sorry to go on rant over

Id be in the library with a london yellow pages pal

PRS, where to start?? Firstly you are totally wrong in everything you are saying. "would u like me to tie your shoes for you" - What an absolute poncey comment!! I was asking anyone if they know of any big companies off the top of their head, If you don't know the answer then don't reply to the thread. Its not hard, and it dosent take 3 seconds if you know a company to just reply and right Plimlico for example.
Secondly if im not mistaking this is a forum where people are going to ask questions. If you have a problem with answering peoples questions then maybe you should not have joined!!
Listen I would love to answer all the questions on this forum but unfortunately I am not a qualified plumber which is why I am in this situation asking people like you to share your knowledge with me.
Not sure if you had a bad day or woke up on the right side of the bed but I think your reply was totally unacceptable.
sorry to go on rant over!

tbh charlie if you havnt got the drive to find your own job then you will never get anywhere
it doesnt take much gumption to find plumbing companies for gods sake they are everywhere but few if any are taking anyone on let alone a apprentice

tbh charlie if you havnt got the drive to find your own job then you will never get anywhere
it doesnt take much gumption to find plumbing companies for gods sake they are everywhere but few if any are taking anyone on let alone a apprentice

Newbie, please let me know how you got the assumption that I had no drive to find a job for asking a question?? Maybe I wrote the thread wrong?? I am asking if anyone knows of any big companies in london! I am not asking you to apply for the job for me!
I'm not asking you to write my cv! I'm not asking you to take my apprenticeship exam!
Sorry guys ill try n be more specific next time, my apoligies

Newbie, please let me know how you got the assumption that I had no drive to find a job for asking a question?? Maybe I wrote the thread wrong?? I am asking if anyone knows of any big companies in london! I am not asking you to apply for the job for me!
I'm not asking you to write my cv! I'm not asking you to take my apprenticeship exam!
Sorry guys ill try n be more specific next time, my apoligies

don't worry mate, i'm in pretty much the same situation as you i'd guess. i want to find a company, in or near london, to "get into the trade".

i am currently halfway through a 2 year course. i've passed the 1st 6 modules with ease. the problem with so called 'plumbers' is they are a stubborn lot. they think they are unique. well they aren't. anyone can become a plumber with the right guidance. it's not difficult to become a plumber. the press blow it all out of proportion saying too much rubbish to be honest. if your intent on reaching where you want to be, you'll get there. chances are you'll overtake those on your way as well.

to answer your question, try popping into your local merchants to see if there are any plumbers that need 'mates'. if not, put an ad in the merchants. nothing to loose

Try JIB they may help or Institute of Plumbers. Sorry I am in the North not London.

don't worry mate, i'm in pretty much the same situation as you i'd guess. i want to find a company, in or near london, to "get into the trade".

i am currently halfway through a 2 year course. i've passed the 1st 6 modules with ease. the problem with so called 'plumbers' is they are a stubborn lot. they think they are unique. well they aren't. anyone can become a plumber with the right guidance. it's not difficult to become a plumber. the press blow it all out of proportion saying too much rubbish to be honest. if your intent on reaching where you want to be, you'll get there. chances are you'll overtake those on your way as well.

to answer your question, try popping into your local merchants to see if there are any plumbers that need 'mates'. if not, put an ad in the merchants. nothing to loose

Thanks Ampwhu, im so glad you wrote that, I was starting to think I was in the wrong. To be honest since joining this forum it seems like there are alot of plumbers who feel like they are in a secret club and don't want anyone else to join, at the end of the day its a job.
I know obviously they dont want everyone being a plumber otherwise they would be out of work, but as you said it seems they are very stubborn.
All I was looking for is someone to write me back a company name if they knew one off the top of their head.
Thanks to the ones that did do that above this post and thanks again Ampwhu ill get onto them plumbers merchants

To be honest since joining this forum it seems like there are alot of plumbers who feel like they are in a secret club and don't want anyone else to join, at the end of the day its a job.
I know obviously they dont want everyone being a plumber otherwise they would be out of work, but as you said it seems they are very stubborn.
All I was looking for is someone to write me back a company name if they knew one off the top of their head.

Unfortunately charlie, if it's a helpful plumber you are looking for you're better off looking elsewhere as they are a rarity on here. Like you said, if you're not part of the secret club then you're on your own. If you're a plumber with a plumbing problem, they'll help you no problem. If you are someone looking to get in to their precious trade, a few on here will bite your head off and give you the most disheartening of responses (god knows what side of the bed this 'psr' bloke woke up on to respond in that manner). They'll claim they're just being honest but more often than not it is just ultimately unencouraging for those that genuinely want to get in to the trade. After all, why would we join up to this forum and ask for advice if we were not serious about it? And is it not the case that forums are created to share knowledge??

p.s I'm also a trainee plumber in london! It's a pretty scary prospect finding work but hey, if you want to do it and you're determined I reckon it's possible. I heard plumbers' merchants was a good place to look/advertise. Also ring up all your local plumbers and find out what they've got going. I might shoot off to canada next year, do some travelling and learn how to plumb at the same time!

Let me know how it goes with these london companies and plumbers merchants mate! Good luck.

Unfortunately charlie, if it's a helpful plumber you are looking for you're better off looking elsewhere as they are a rarity on here. Like you said, if you're not part of the secret club then you're on your own. If you're a plumber with a plumbing problem, they'll help you no problem. If you are someone looking to get in to their precious trade, a few on here will bite your head off and give you the most disheartening of responses (god knows what side of the bed this 'psr' bloke woke up on to respond in that manner). They'll claim they're just being honest but more often than not it is just ultimately unencouraging for those that genuinely want to get in to the trade. After all, why would we join up to this forum and ask for advice if we were not serious about it? And is it not the case that forums are created to share knowledge??

p.s I'm also a trainee plumber in london! It's a pretty scary prospect finding work but hey, if you want to do it and you're determined I reckon it's possible. I heard plumbers' merchants was a good place to look/advertise. Also ring up all your local plumbers and find out what they've got going. I might shoot off to canada next year, do some travelling and learn how to plumb at the same time!

Let me know how it goes with these london companies and plumbers merchants mate! Good luck.

Thanks Kingm1988, I will deffinatly start putting some adds around the local merchants.
Seems like a few people have noticed these moody plumbers!!
Just noticed your name is Kingm - 1988 take it you were born in 1988, same as me. How long have you been a Trainee for then? I really wish I would of gone to college straight after school and done this and not at the age of 22! where abouts in London are you studying aswell

I'm in Walthamstow in North East London. Enrolled on the course over a year ago and am due to finish by the end of july. So it's crunch time I guess, need to find a plumber to give me a shot! Problem is however, plumbers in london are getting letters and phone calls daily from apprentices/trainees, offering work for free etc so it's very competitive. I think I just need to search long and hard to find a good plumber, if they're good they'll have work, and if they're good they'll be nice and in which case they should hopefully be open to taking on some good trainees.

Any plumbers in North East London or surrounding areas reading this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Companies in London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock