Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe lagging - asbestos? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raroberts

Hi,

All the pipes in my loft have the foam insulation, except one that is lagged in something else. Is it asbestos? If not, what is it?

Many thanks, Russ

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 38
i would say no and best guess felt lagging

Welcome to the forums Russ .......not asbestos ....it's called celofelt better to change it for similar to what your other pipes are lagged with....regards Turnpin:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe lagging - asbestos? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I wonder if I could have some advice please. I have a rental shepherds hut with an outdoor copper bath. I expect to close down for winter when the weather gets very cold. The majority of the piping is blue mdpe which is lagged. But where it joins the tap it's copper. I have lagged what...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB boards. Pipe are lagged in stitched felt and what looks like bubble wrap with sand (?) over the top. During the bathroom refit, I lifted up some of the...
Replies
Views
D
I have been given a quote to fix a noisy tap. Apparently they have to “replace breech to main shower” — which I understand to mean the thing one level behind any normal work on a tap. (“It is worn down and still has a small crack in it.”) “This will have to be done through the Gyprock wall...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Can somebody tell me where I can get a cover/top compatible with this header tank please? as insects are getting into the hot water It will also need some form of insulation jacket The tank has been replaced at some point by an identical one, maybe it was damaged so I have included a photo of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock