Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe diameter from tank for thermostatic shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imsparticus

What pipe diameter would you recommend to feed an unpumped thermostatic shower from a vented hot water cylinder via a new Essex flange? The run is approx 22 meters (up into the loft along and back down), the cylinder is fed via a 28mm cold inlet pipe and the cold water tanks are roughly above (2meter head) where I want to install the shower.

I was thinking of using 28mm but would it take longer to get the hot water that far compared to say 22mm?
All recommendations gratefully received.

Just for info we have another shower but much closer to the hot water cylinder that has good pressure so I'd be happy if i can match that.

Thanks in advance.

22mm should be fine i reckon

not a lot of head on that though

Try to use bends rather than elbow joints where possible

Consider using a pump though for a real decent shower

its the head above the highest part of the pipework you need to look at

Thanks, can't do much about the height as I have 2 huge linked cold water tanks in the loft and the top of them are close to touching the rafters so can't go any higher.
I was worried that the run was so long that it would take an age to get hot water to the shower and be worse the larger diameter pipe I used. I'm trying to use a method that just in case the pressure isn't enough I can always opt to add a pump later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe diameter from tank for thermostatic shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock