Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be a pain but I need help identifying my bender! Our apprentice bought his own today and we compared the bends of his new rothenberger to my old ....... And that's my point I bought my bender about 8 years ago from screwfix! It was what I could afford at the time but it's worked perfect ever since!

If someone could help me find it's make I'd be so happy
it's a blue hand bender that came from screwfix about 8 years ago

Tell him to take the pile of crap back and get a pair of benditnow benders.

which shade of blue?

It's a dark blue, it was a cheap set at the time I'd have thought! Long time ago! Haha mine haven't let me down, well only on pipe from our local Graham's all other pipe bends fine!! I'll get a pic up in the morning now

It's a dark blue, it was a cheap set at the time I'd have thought! Long time ago! Haha mine haven't let me down, well only on pipe from our local Graham's all other pipe bends fine!! I'll get a pic up in the morning now

orange handles?

Cause of the debates in work ATM the guys all have rothenberger or Hilmore but tend to borrow mine if they get half a chance! It's funny cause they cost double the price of mine!!!

Sorry to be a pain but I need help identifying my bender! Our apprentice bought his own today and we compared the bends of his new rothenberger to my old ....... And that's my point I bought my bender about 8 years ago from screwfix! It was what I could afford at the time but it's worked perfect ever since!

If someone could help me find it's make I'd be so happy
it's a blue hand bender that came from screwfix about 8 years ago

got the same ones about same time dark blue still going well .also have bend it now ones

i dont really think theres that many manufacturers, if you look at them alot are the same design just different colour and grips. This has come from moving the production to china and dropping the quality/tolerance's.

I have a set of bend it now's and work recently gave me a set of hilmor. Not a lot between them although a prefer my bend it now's because they are a bit looser (prob cos they've been used more).

out of interest, what are the differences between benders, advantages, disadvantages...what is meant my poor quality? does it mean it will not bend pipes as smoothly or will not last as long?

thank you for any feedback...i just bought myself a rothernberger which was recommended by someone... :19:

Poor quality. = loosens up, ripples or kinks pipe.

i have a pair of old cranked arm records.

about 23 years old.
got em off ebay still in the box.
never get a ripple unless its screwfix copper, i just run the blowtorch over it for a few seconds then and bend, far nicer.

Poor quality. = loosens up, ripples or kinks pipe.

i have a pair of old cranked arm records.

about 23 years old.
got em off ebay still in the box.
never get a ripple unless its screwfix copper, i just run the blowtorch over it for a few seconds then and bend, far nicer.

snap, i got an old crank arm one from ebay to. Brand new in the box sat in a garage for 15-20 years paid about 16 squid. Ive also had 2 record solo benders of ebay which were brand new/old. one i paid 6 squid for.

snap, i got an old crank arm one from ebay to. Brand new in the box sat in a garage for 15-20 years paid about 16 squid. Ive also had 2 record solo benders of ebay which were brand new/old. one i paid 6 squid for.

i got a solo after saying about them last year :)
i could always pay 160 for the 15 mm bahcos....

always had screwfix then bendit pipe benders - picked up my mates rothenburghers today and thought they were going to snap bending 15mm pipe they seem so thin flexy

RE PIPE BENDER, HI GUYS ITS HURDY,:cheesy: WELL IM AGREAT FAN OF ROTHENBURGER BENDERS ITS ALL I USE ALTHOUGH ICONVERTED FROM RECORD,HAVE TRIED MOST,STILL LIKE ROTHS,:gunsmilie:

Roths are bumb center ones but twice the cost. U can still see the rottenburger cast logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How safe are flexi pipes my toilet cistern has one it was changed about a year ago when the toilet was removed for some work to the bathroom floor. However would it be better if replaced with copper pipe. What is the life time of flexi pipes, has any one had experience of them failing.
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he closed it. This is a tenanted property and it's not straightforward to get access to it. How risky is it to / how long can I leave the AAV closed...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Where can i buy a replacement Harvey G1240 Riser pipe for my Harvey water softener It has a small hole right on the bend is there is a fine mist of water coming out seen them at £70 a pair Already replaced it about 3 years ago with a Modified one with more plastic support on the bend I heated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock